It’s that time of the year to congratulate and honor those young people in our parish who have moved on to the next phase of their lives.
- Graduate: Westmoreland High School.
- Parents: Rob and Sandy VanDeusen.
- Degree, honors, awards: Advanced Regents diploma, graduated in the top 10 percent of his class with a weighted average of more than 100 percent; awards in art, business and physical education; principal’s list; three service/leadership/scholarships; Principal’s Leadership Award.
- Future plans: Attend Nazareth College to pursue a doctorate in physical therapy.
- Graduate: College of the Holy Cross.
- Parents: Vincent and Lois Elacqua.
- Degree, honors: Bachelor of the arts in psychology. Inducted into three honor societies: Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit honor society), and the national psychology honor society (Psi Chi).
- Future plans: Accepted research position at the University of Rochester to gain clinical and research experience before graduate school.
- Parents: Randy and Judy Crouse.
- Graduate: Proctor High School.
- Awards: Richard Gerstner Memorial Scholarship and Patricia and William M. Dwyer Nursing Scholarship.
- Future plans: Attending SUNY Polytechnic Institute to study nursing.
- Parents: George and Nikki Fanelli.
- Graduate: Syracuse University’s Maxwell School of Political Science.
- Future plans: Attend law school in the fall.
David J. Elacqua Jr.
- Parents: David and Anne (Carlone) Elacqua.
- Graduate: Magna cum laude from Colgate University with Bachelor of Arts degrees in biology and music.
- Awards: Lorey Family Senior Music Prize, Award for Excellence in Italian Studies, Dean’s Award with Distinction.
- Future plans: Gap year to explore possible career interests followed by graduate school.