We have a number of young adults who graduated from high school and college. We are featuring them in the bulletin and on our parish website.
- Parents: Jeff and Gina Batson
- High school: Whitesboro
- Awards: National Honor Society, graduated with honors, four-year scholar athlete, Edwin J. Wadas Scholarship, CBSA Scholarship, Carolyn Cooney Partyka Award, Whitesboro basketball scholarship, SUNY Oneonta Achievement Award
- Plans for the future: Attend SUNY Oneonta to study pre-physical therapy and play on the women’s basketball team.
- Parents: Rocco and Rosella Pandolfo
- College: Boston University College of Engineering
- Degree: Master’s in biomedical engineering
- Plans for the future: Verification engineer at Breas Medical in Billerica, Mass.
- Parents: Steve and Patti Geary.
- College: Graduated summa cum laude in May from Utica College.
- Degree: Bachelor’s in nursing.
- Plans for the future: Will start job in August at Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse in the cardiothoracic step-down unit.
- Parents: Joseph and Patricia Rizzo.
- High school: Christian Brothers Academy, Syracuse.
- Awards, activities: BSA Eagle Scout, New York State emergency medical technician, American Red Cross lifeguard, Brother Adolphus Honor Society, National Society of High School Scholars, La Salle Award, Scholar Athlete Award.
- Plans for future: Attending University of Miami to study biology/premed.
- Parents: John and Mary Siniscarco.
- College: Utica College.
- Degree / awards: Bachelor of Science in Nursing; graduated magna cum laude; inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (Sigma) and The National Society of Leadership and Success.
- Plans for the future: Adult psychiatric nurse at SUNY Upstate Hospital.
- Parents: Vincent and Lois Elacqua.
- College: Graduated magna cum laude from The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass.
- Degree / awards: Bachelor’s in computer science; member of the Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society; the Rev. John J. MacDonnell, S.J., Computer Science Award.
- Plans for the future: Will be attending Yale University as a computer science PhD student.
- Parents: Steve and Gina Surace.
- College: Utica College.
- Degree: Bachelor of science degree in psychology / child life; graduated magna cum laude; founder and president of the Utica College Dance Team.
- Future plans: Remain at Utica College to pursue master’s degree in education and special education.
To feature your graduate, submit the following information to Anne Elacqua at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you can call her at 315-941-7447.
- Parents’ names.
- High school or college from which you graduated.
- Awards and/or degrees.
- Plans for the future.
- Also, if you’re 18 or older, please submit a head-and-shoulders photo of yourself.