Last Updated on March 3, 2023 by Editor
Here are some ideas for you to make a Good Lent:
- Pick up one of the “little black books” in church that give reflections for every day during Lent.
- Stations of the Cross will be offered at 12:15 p.m. on Fridays.
- Father Jim will offer his “Lite Lesson for Lent” on the second, third, fourth and fifth Sundays of Lent.
- Visit www.dynamiccatholic.com and sign up for the “Best Lent Ever” emails that you can receive daily that offer video reflections on different topics.
- On our parish website click here to find a video Stations of the Cross from our parish, ideas of what you can do during the 40 days of Lent, watch Tyler Perry’s “The Passion” and Holy Week video reflections.
- Father Jim will present his “Lite Lessons for Lent” beginning March 4-5 after all Masses. His four brief 10-minute talks each weekend through Sunday, March 26, will focus on different topics:
March 4-5: “Cohabitation.”
March 11-12: “End of Life Issues.”
March 18-19: “Defense of Traditional Marriage.”
March 25-26: “Assisted Suicide.”
Abstinence from meat is observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, and all the Fridays of Lent by all Catholics age 14 and older.
Fasting is observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all Catholics 18 to 59. Those bound by this rule may take only one full meal. Two smaller meals are permitted to maintain strength. Eating solid foods between meals is not permitted.