Here are some of our recent graduates. This information has been submitted to us by their families.
- James Carmine Franco is the son of Jim & Linda Franco. He graduated from Syracuse University summa cum laude. He was a member of the Honors Program, Phi Beta Kappa and received the Distinction in History Award, the Political Science Award and he was president of the Student Association. Next year, he will attend George Washington University College of Law.
- Isabella Mancuso: Graduated from SUNY Cortland with a bachelor’s degree in education. She is the daughter of Michael and Michelle Mancuso
- Gillian Wenner: Received her master’s degree in social work from Syracuse University. She is planning to continue her education for her Ph.D. She is the daughter of Gineene Paulson and Robert Wenner.
- David Elacqua: Will be attending Colgate University majoring in biology. He is the son of David and Anne Elacqua. He graduated from Proctor High School, was a member of the National Honor Society, was an Optimist Club Student of the Month, won the Michael S. Farres Scholarship, the Victor Martoccio Memorial Award in Italian, MVCC Top Ten Scholarship, New York State Board of Regents Scholarship, Anthony Schepsis Memorial Scholarship, Mele Academic Award in Science, and the Syracuse University Project advance.
- Michael Elacqua: He was the Valedictorian of his class at Norte Dame High School. He was a member of the National Honor Society and Utica Dollars for Scholars. He received the Utica Lions Club Scholarship, the New York State Award for Academic Excellence, the Michael Caruso MD Award, the George A Nole II Memorial Scholarship Award, the Triple C Award and the Most Outstanding Senior Boy award. He also received the Section III NYSPHSAA scholar-athlete Award. Michael is the son of Vincent and Lois Elacqua and will attend the College of the Holy Cross in Worchester, Massachusetts, with plans to major in biology.
- Rocco Fanelli: He recently graduated from New Hartford High School and will attend Syracuse University majoring in political science with aspirations to become a lawyer. He is the son of George and Nicole Fanelli.
- Michael Morrissey: Graduated from Proctor High School. He will attend SUNY Fredonia where he will be enrolled in its BFA Acting Program. He received the MVCC Top 10 Percent Scholarship, the Nicholas Priore Memorial Award, Syracuse University Project Advance, the Frank DeRocco Memorial Award and the Maphia Scholarship. He is the son of Patrick and Rosemary Morrissey.
- Serafina Sortino: She is the daughter of Roberto and Theresa Sortino. She graduated from Proctor High School and received these awards: Class of 1931 Foreign Language Prize, Evans Memorial Prize in Music, JFK Boosters Award, Mary Jane Knight Memorial Scholarship, MVCC Top 10 Percent Scholarship, Perfect Attendance Prize, Syracuse University Project Advance, Utica Lions Club Award for Public Service, the Paul and Ann Galeles Memorial Award, UFA Alumni Association Award. She will attend Nazareth College with plans to major in Peace & Justice Studies and Community Youth Development.